Tuesday, January 29, 2013

STUFFED

Well folks, I have already broken my weekly blogging spree...BUT I have good reason.  Let me explain...

Thursday
4:45pm--I am wrapping up my day in the office.  It has been a productive week, but I still have lots to do Friday.  I make a list of tasks to get done on Friday so that I can enjoy my weekend!  At the top of my list was blogging about the week so that YOU could hear what is going on  :)

5:00pm--I leave the office to head home after a long day.  Life group is tonight at 7, so I grab a quick bite to eat with Mom before heading to Geno's house.

7:00pm--Life group!  We meet and talk about Scripture, praises and prayers and enjoy each other.  I walk away refreshed and ready to tackle Friday at YMI!

10:00pm--Lights out (yes, I'm a grannie when it comes to bed time).

Friday
8:30am--I arrive at the YMI office.  I notice a stack of letters that look like they need to be mailed.  I think nothing of it...(mistake #1 haha)

9:15am--Brian (my boss) gathers the 5 of us in the office that day and informs us that all 1,200 letters need to go out on Monday.  Translation: we are going to be stuffing, sealing and stamping envelopes all. day. long.

[fast forward 14 hours]

11:30pm--Rose and I are leaving the office after having folded 2,400 pieces of paper, stuffed, sealed and stamped 1,200 envelopes.  Oh...and did I mention that the stamps were the kind that you have to lick?  {Bonus points to Rose}  After that was done, we put them all in zipcode order so that they could be sent out through the post office as a mass mailing.

12:00am--I am home.  Exhausted.  Grateful.  And smiling.  Why? you may ask...

I have a wonderful job.
I work with amazing people.
I got extra time to get to know Rose, one of my coworkers/friends.
The letters were able to go out on time.
Rose and I got to make a yummy homemade dinner together in the middle of our stuffing party.
I enjoyed the time that we got to tell stories, laugh and talk.
I work for an organization that God has used to impact peoples' lives for eternity.

Question: What more could I ask for?

Answer: {Absolutely nothing.}

No comments:

Post a Comment