Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 1!


Well friends, this is my first official ministry blog update!  These will be going out weekly so that you can stay up on what God is doing in my life as a missionary with Youth Missions International.

First and foremost, I want to thank you for your prayers, encouragement and financial support.  Through that, the Lord is able to use me for His glory right here in Tacoma, Washington.  I would have never imagined that I would be working as a full-time missionary at age 21, but here I am and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

This week started with 2 days of training, 9am-8pm.  I learned lots about the organization, my role and where we are headed.  I received great training in support raising and in promoting at conferences and doing church visits.  Wednesday was my day of practical training for my job as the Director of Volunteer Operations.  I spent lots of time going through our volunteer database and making sure that all volunteers have the correct paperwork in and the correct training.  After the paper database was synced with the online database, I got to breathe easy for a little bit.

Yesterday I received my first big assignment – to plan, host and recruit volunteers for an event on February 9th.  Wow!  I didn’t see that one coming, but it is such a blessing to get to jump in with both feet and support the organization in my assigned role.  Today I have spent the last 5 hours editing sports ministry curricula that have been translated to English.  Tomorrow we have our staff/Board of Directors meeting all day.

Needless to say, this week has been busy and it’s just beginning!!

On top of all of that, both Nathan and I are in full-time support raising, as we are a full-time faith-supported missionary couple.  This means that we are responsible for raising our own salary.  God is already providing, but we have a long way to go.  Our goal is to be supported a $3,765 a month.  Though it might seem like a lot right now, we know that we serve a God who is eager to supply for my each and every need.

I ask you to partner with me in prayer for the following things:
1. Pray that God would continue to bring in funding for me each month through monthly donors.
2. Pray that God would allow me to have a fast learning curve in my new position.
3. Praise God for such a wonderful first week on the job.

Thank you so much for your support.  I appreciate each and every one of you.  If you know anyone who might like to be added to my email list, please feel free to have them email me at morgann@ymimissions.org.

Here is my desk!  It's almost set up :)


Blessings,
Morgann

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete