Thursday, January 17, 2013

Big staff, big plans, small office :)

I can't believe this is already the end of my second week at YMI!  I am so thankful for each and every day here.

This week began with lots of organizing!  God is growing our staff, but we are quickly outgrowing the office space we have.  I stayed a little bit late on Monday to play around with different set-up ideas for the office and finally settled on something that would allow for great organizational space, extra intern space and would be able to accomodate a growing summer staff.
Additionally, I have been working on staffing a small event in February and making sure that everything is in place for that.  I still have some work to do, but it is all coming together.

I am starting to get settled into a routine in the office.  I have a much better idea of what my days look like and how to best manage my time.  It is definitely nice to be able to self direct with most of my tasks now.  I am so thankful to be working with people who are patient with me as I learn and need to ask questions multiple times a day.  What a great blessing!

On a different note, this update is going out on Thursday instead of Friday because I am taking the day off tomorrow to drive to Montana to attend the memorial of a dear friend.  I am saddened that she is no longer with us, but I am rejoicing that she is enjoying the full presence of her Father in Heaven.  Please pray for the Cook family when you think of them.  They love the Lord and are praying that the memorial is a great witness to the saving power of Jesus Christ.

This week's praises and prayers:
1. Praise that God is continually providing for Nathan's and my finances.
2. Praise that I get the joy of working in an office with amazing people.
3. Prayer that I will be able to fully staff the February 9th event.
4. Prayer for safe travels as a large group from church travels to the memorial tomorrow.
5. Prayer for safe travels back from trips for Gene and Brian (my bosses)

Once again, I am so humbled that each and every one of you are choosing to support Nathan and me in a variety of ways.  We are thankful to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for calling us to this wonderful ministry of equipping young people to share the Gospel.

Blessings,
Morgann

No comments:

Post a Comment