Monday, November 18, 2013

Photo Dump: Part 1 - "Staff Retreat"

I am calling this series "Photo dump" because, well, that's what I'm doing.  A couple things you should know about me:
1. I am terrible at taking pictures.  As in, I rarely take pictures.  It really bothers my mother.
2. I am even worse at uploading the pictures than I am at taking them.  
3. When I finally upload them, I am really sad that they are too outdated to share.
4. I don't care about the outdatedness mentioned in #4.

I was going to post all the pictures post-by-post in chronological order until I realized that due to all of my weekend travel during the month of September, there are NO pictures of Nathan until later in September and October.  That was just plain depressing.  So these are now organized by event so that I can split up the large amount of photos with no appearance of my handsome husband  ;)

In September, YMI Staff went on a retreat (but Nathan couldn't be there because of class).  We rented a house up on Whidbey Island RIGHT ON THE WATER.  It was amazing!  We spent long hours planning, vision casting and just spending time together.


Every morning we woke up to see fisherman reeling in TONS of Salmon!  The waters were teeming!

 
I made a friend during my morning quiet time.

I'm not kidding when I say that the house was ON the beach.

This.

Staff planning and vision casting!

I think I could get use to this.

This mom was out one morning.  She is my hero.  A baby-wearing, fish-catching supermom.

I don't know why I love this photo so much.  But I do.  I want to know this man's story.

It was a good weekend in so many aspects.  I was so thankful to see our staff again, to laugh and fellowship together.  The weather was beautiful, the house was perfect for us and we all got excited for what God is going to do with YMI this next year.

Though it was all great...I was so ready to head home and see my husband!!  


Next post: M & N - Date Day In

No comments:

Post a Comment