Friday, February 8, 2013

Training and New Friends

I have stopped keeping track of the weeks I have been at YMI.  This has just become my "normal" and I wouldn't have it any other way.

As we gear up for a long slew of training camps back to back, the office is buzzing, phones are ringing and the final details are being solidified.  We have people in and out of the office, people leaving to travel, people returning from trips and so much more.  Right now, I don't really have a "typical" pattern for my days.  Each day brings something different and I love that it keeps me on my toes. 

The highlight of my week so far has been that I got to do my first volunteer training on Monday night!  I trained three high school students so that they will be ready to serve at an event tomorrow evening.  They did wonderful!  I am so thankful for the opportunity to get to serve with them and see how God uses us for His glory.  Here are a few pictures of training!

Another really fun thing that I have enjoyed is getting to know the wonderful people I work with!  On a day when no one is travelling or in meetings, there are ten people in the office.  Most of those people I had met at some point before coming on staff, but I only really knew a couple.  Now, I have made so many new friends!  They are such a blessing in my life.  Seriously, this workplace is wonderful.  
Praises: 
1. Everyone in the office is healthy!  Last week was a little rough with sickness.
2. Volunteer training went well on Monday evening.
3. God is surrounding me with great community in the office!

Prayers:
1. Pray that training camps will go well in the coming weeks/months.
2. Pray that the event goes well tomorrow evening and that kids will come to know the Lord.
3. Pray for safe travels for those who are traveling in the coming weeks.

Thank you for following my journey as the Lord calls me into full-time ministry.  Please feel free to share this blog URL with others who may want to pray for me and see what God is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment