Friday, April 5, 2013

Playing "catch up"

As you may have noticed, this is my first post in two weeks.  Though I had planned a post for last Friday, God had other plans for my weekend.  God allowed me to spend lots of time with my (future) family as we said goodbye to Nathan's grandma over the weekend.  She lost ended her battle with cancer on Tuesday, and we spent lots of time by her hospital bedside leading up to her departure into eternity.  Please be praying for the Burres family as the plans are being made for a memorial in the next couple weeks.  Grandma was an amazing woman of the Lord.  I only got to know her for just a short time on this earth, but I am so thankful for the example that she set of what it looks like to live out Proverbs 31 each and every day.
My (future) sisters and me grabbing dinner at the mall before heading back to the hospital.
I adore them.   :)


I thought since I didn't post last week, I would just do a longer post this week!  Last week, Nathan led a mission trip of college students from his school to come up our way and run a sports camp at a church in Tacoma.  On the front end of the trip, my wonderful mother volunteered to have all 14 of them over for dinner and a bonfire.  The night was filled with laughter, good food and s'mores for dessert  :)
Spaghetti, french bread and green bean casserole!

We were so thankful that they volunteered to clean up after the meal was done.

Since they didn't want to go back to the church smelling like campfire and make the church smell like campfire, the whole team put on clothes belonging to my brothers and me.  It was rather humorous to see them all dressed in our clothes.
My brothers did a fantastic job building a "man fire"
We sang worship songs, roasted marshmallows and told jokes  :)

Nathan and I were very thankful to have some time to spend together after him having been at school for a long time without us getting to see each other.

Praises:
1. The Corban University spring break mission trip went very well!
2. It seems like we may be back to health here in the office.
3. We are getting airfare booked for many of our teams!!
4. We just announced our mission trip destinations for next year: http://www.ymimissions.org/mission-trips/ymi-teams/

Prayers:
1. Some of our teams are still behind in fundraising; we need prayer that they would get their money in!
2. Nathan and I are still working on our personal fundraising; please pray that God will continue to provide and that he would get the glory for it!
3. Pray that our leader training would go well this weekend--that we would have leaders who are excited to serve and excited to learn!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering when your next post would be. So sorry to hear about the loss in your family; what an amazing woman to look up to as a Proverbs 31 woman! Glad you got to spend time with Nathan and his sisters though. Love the pictures of the time you got to spend with them! Praying for your fundraising for both the missions team and for Nathan and your personal salary. I know it is past the training for the weekend, but I'm praying that went well too. Love hearing from you all the way down here in Southern California and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you and YMI.

    P.S. Love the APU shirts the students are wearing! It is funny to see other people representing APU. :)

    ReplyDelete