Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas Catch Up

One of my goals for the new year is to post more consistently on my blog.  I'm not one of those people who likes my/our life aired all over Facebook or Twitter, and I figure that only people who know our family well will be checking the blog for updates.  My plan is to post more pictures (you're welcome to BOTH of our moms) and to post more often.  We'll see how that goes!

Recently, Nathan finished up his intramural volleyball season at Corban and I snapped a few pictures at his last game.  He is a STUD on the court!  I wish I could have been out there with him :)
In early December, we got our first snowfall.  It was really fun because one of my friends/co-workers had come down to visit for the weekend, so she was here with us to enjoy the magic!  It was snowing when we woke up and continued to snow until we went to bed.  It took another 4 days for it to get above freezing, so the snow just stuck around and wreaked havoc on Oregon drivers!
This was our first Christmas as a married couple, so I took great joy in decorating our apartment for Christmas.  Last January, my mom encouraged me to go out and buy Christmas decorations once they had gone on sale.  At the time, it seemed so silly, but I am SO thankful that she did!  It was such a blessing to have decorations already bought (at 75%-90% off!!) and ready to be put up!
We got this frame for our wedding and I have been wanting to find a use for it!  I printed off a free "printable" online and turned it into the perfect decoration for Christmas - an amazing reminder that Christ came for us.
This white board hangs in our kitchen and has a Bible verse on it to remind us of the Truth.  I found this fun idea on Pinterest!
This year, we spent Christmas Eve with the Green family and Christmas Day with the Burres family.  I totally spaced on taking pictures on Christmas Eve.  These were our Christmas pajamas from Mom and Dad  :)  Christmas pajamas may be one tradition that we adopt for our family someday!
It was so fun to see how another family does Christmas morning.  My family is very methodical in our approach to opening gifts.  We open gifts one at a time, one person at a time, taking turns opening gifts as we go.  Nathan's family appoints the little girls to hand out gifts to everyone at the beginning.  Once everyone has their pile, we all open at once!  It was different, but really sweet to enjoy Burres Family traditions.


We are so blessed to have families that love us and share us really well!  Most importantly, we are thankful for the reminder that Christmas brings of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment